FirstMark is looking for a talented IR & Operations Associate to join our team in New York City. With $2.5 billion of assets under management, FirstMark is a full-stack, technology venture firm investing in companies at every stage of their journey. We help accelerate the success of exceptional founders and are proud partners to some of the most iconic companies in the world, including Shopify, Pinterest, DraftKings, Airbnb, Discord, and many more. Our proprietary, industry-defining Platform generates network effects for our firm and portfolio companies that compound over time.
About The Role
As an IR & Operations Associate at FirstMark, you will have a broad range of responsibilities, working closely with the COO to support and execute strategic, operational, and investor relations activities at FirstMark. This is a multi-disciplinary, mission-critical role at FirstMark which will be based at our office in New York once it is safe to return to an office environment (until then, this role will be remote). This is a non-investment role and will not have any involvement with the investment process.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Highly organized, responsive and responsible
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Resourceful and a creative problem solver
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Collaborative, adaptable and enjoys getting involved in a wide variety of areas and activities
- Prepare regular performance updates, including investor presentations and quarterly letters
- Coordinate and drive materials for all investor meetings: individual investor updates, Annual Investor Call, Annual LP Summit, etc.
- Maintain and update investor marketing materials as appropriate
- Attend investor meetings with FirstMark’s Founders, keep meeting notes and track follow-up items
- Update and maintain IR CRM
- Conduct investor research, including benchmarking analysis
- Develop and maintain investor prospect/target lists
- Assist in the coordination of responses to investor questions and issues
- When fundraising, track and analyze fundraising data, e.g., fundraising status, investor commitments
- Maintain the Investor Relations calendar
Strategy & Operations
- Support all strategic planning activities
- Coordinate FirstMark offsites and other team activities
- Assist with onboarding new team members
- Help management with ad-hoc analyses and special projects as needed
- Manage promotional swag
These are just a subset of the day-to-day activities that the role will entail. There will be many exciting initiatives this role will manage and support.
- Undergraduate degree
- 2–4 years of prior experience in a fast-paced role; financial services (investment banking, VC/PE firm, investor relations, etc.) and/or strategy consulting experience preferred
- Demonstrated analytical ability and focus on attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Email us at email@example.com and specify “2021 IR & Operations Associate” in the header.
Please include your resume and a cover letter with answers to the following questions (in 500 words or less):
- How has your past work and life experience prepared you to be an amazing IR & Operations Associate at FirstMark?
- What do you think will be the least favorite part of this role for you and why?
We are excited to continue building our team and look forward to meeting you!
Learn more about FirstMark here.