FirstMark is looking for a talented Investor to join our team in New York City. With $2.5 billion of assets under management, FirstMark is the first full-stack venture firm, investing in companies at every stage of their journey. We are proud to partner with the ambitious founders of some of the most iconic companies in the world, including Shopify, Pinterest, DraftKings, Airbnb, Discord, and many more. Through our proprietary FirstMark Platform, powered by the largest network in venture, we help accelerate exceptional companies by connecting founders with expertise, talent and customers.
About The Role
As an Investor at FirstMark, you will have a broad range of responsibilities:
- Supporting our investment process — whether it’s sourcing and analyzing new investments, managing the investment pipeline, researching new markets, or helping investment partners manage their Board responsibilities, FirstMark Investors are involved in every aspect of our deal process.
- Supporting FirstMark portfolio companies and community — every member of the FirstMark team is an active and contributing member of our community, representing FirstMark at industry and Platform events, making introductions, helping with talent searches, etc.
- Supporting strategic initiatives — FirstMark continues to push the boundaries of how a venture fund supports entrepreneurs. In 2020 we raised two new funds and launched our first SPAC. FirstMark Investors will have the opportunity to work closely with management to evaluate and execute strategic initiatives, developing a strong understanding of what it takes to build a best-in-class venture fund.
The ideal candidate has a passion for innovation, entrepreneurship and all things startup, with a strong point of view on emerging technologies and business models. They are a self-starter, creative, resourceful, organized and know how to go deep when researching new ideas and markets. Importantly, they are a strong communicator and natural people connector who knows how to cultivate relationships with startups, investors, and other key players in the tech ecosystem.
We are looking for candidates who are steeped in the world of technology and have strong proficiency in financial modeling and analytics, often developed through 3–6 years of experience in venture capital, at a tech company, or in tech-focused investment banking or consulting. If you think you might be a good fit but have some doubts, do not hesitate to reach out.
Email us at email@example.com and specify “2021 Investor Recruiting” in the header.
Please include the following:
- Your resume and a summary of what makes you a great fit for the role. (500 words or less)
- Links to your online presence that will help us get to know you better, including: your LinkedIn profile, your website, and any sites that represent you best (Twitter, Medium, Webflow, GitHub, Quora, Dribbble, etc.).
We are excited to continue building our team and look forward to meeting you!
Learn more about FirstMark here.